Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vegetables, Beautiful Vegetables!

I went to the Farmers' Market in Burlington, Vermont this weekend and found a riot of color and texture in each stall. At this time of year, you get the deep rich colors of the root vegetables, and their shapes are amazing. Some of the vendors are happy to have people admire their produce, and I made sure to come back later to buy from them.

It was a happy break from my usual landscape images and a nice shady spot to cool off on a summer afternoon. When I'm in a city, I find it a good idea to switch gears and vary my focus from time to time. I think we do it naturally outside - changing from a mountain landscape to a butterfly portrait comes easily when the butterfly attracts our attention. In Burlington, I was shooting a festival, then the Church Street Marketplace, and the farmers' market was between them. After taking a few overview shots, I realized that I was more interested in looking at the veggies. Glad I did!












No comments:

Post a Comment