Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Marblehead Morning

This morning I was hoping for fog, but I got heavy haze instead. I think it worked out ok. A pink sunrise was followed by over two hours of soft, golden light which made it really easy to get pictures with low contrast, saturated color, great reflections. A very busy shooting day, over by 8:00.

- -
- -
- -
- -
- -

Marblehead is a wonderful town to photograph. It has a very scenic harbor with several vantage points; a 17th-century historical district; a lighthouse; an Audubon preserve, several active yacht clubs; interesting shops and restaurants; and a few lobster shacks. There's more, I just haven't discovered it all yet.

1 comment:

  1. Woke up it was a Marblehead morning
    and the first thing that I saw...
    oh well, a bit too Joni Mitchell

    Some really beautiful shots and btw, on your site...quite a prime list of publications. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete