Friday, December 24, 2010

Wreaths



Here it is, the 24th already. The shopping is done, the cookies are baked, and I'm enjoying treasured time with family. Trouble is, we're spread out all over the United States and not able to be together for Christmas. Every time I open a Holiday greeting, I try to spend a moment thinking of the person who sent it. A college friend. A little sister. A new facebook friend. It's not about the shopping, the baking, the gifts. It's about the human connections. It's about warmth in the coldest of seasons. It's about the light of a new year.


Thank you for warming and lighting my life this year. I wish you the closeness of family and friends, the excitement of new beginnings, and maybe a moment of peace. Merry Christmas, happy Holidays, and a bright New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment