Monday, March 8, 2010

Hibernating

This is a photograph of Wildcat Ridge, shot through a birch grove in Pinkham Notch, NH, last Friday. A friend hiked up there on Sunday morning, shooting the sunrise light shining on Mount Washington. Other friends are taking pictures of early spring flowers, honey bees, rushing rivers, winter festivals, sunsets.... I'm looking out my window and seeing kids playing soccer in shorts & tees, in a park surrounded by bare gray trees. The inspiration isn't there. I'm going to have to work WAY harder to stay interested.

I love snow and I love spring. But mud season stretches on for two months, two very long months. Friends bird-watch, hike, and trek to extreme places to get spectacular views. I think I'll just hibernate for a while. Plan some trips. Do some office work. Do my taxes! The kitties are sleeping in the sunshine on the deck, truly an inspiration. It's nature's way, right? Until May, I'm hibernating.

No comments:

Post a Comment