Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beach or mountains?

It's snowing again, with a blustery wind and several inches predicted by morning. Where to go? Cape Cod lighthouses, where there's sure to be lots of fresh snow? Or the White Mountains, where the snow may be older?

I love lighthouses. Love the opportunity to mix natural light with manmade light. The blue of dawn & dusk, red at sunrise, gold at sunset. Add a red or white lighthouse beacon, reflections from the snow, and a fantastic ocean view, and it's hard to mess it up.

But I haven't been to the Whites all year! It's already March and I haven't been to the mountains! Crisp air, wind so cold it freezes your tears, the feeling of solitude, and did I mention the sweet, clear, beautiful cold? Yes, I'm going to the mountains. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment